We made the muzzleloading world a lot brighter in 1975 when we introduced our #11 percussion caps. Why? They were non-mercuric, non-corrosive, and darned reliable. We’ve now expanded the line to four popular products. In addition to the #11, there’s the #11M with more power to light off replica black powders.
For revolvers with smaller nipples, there’s our #10 cap. And for original and replica muskets and rifles that require large, winged caps, we have the Four Wing Musket Caps. When using any percussion caps for reenactment or demonstration shooting without a powder charge or bullet, only use nipples with a large internal diameter.
Standard nipples intended for normal loads can clog when fired repeatedly without a powder charge, potentially causing the cap to fragment. We recommend a minimum internal diameter of 0.050″ for nipples used without powder charges and bullets. Thoroughly clean nipples and the flame path during firing sessions. Always wear approved shooting glasses when firing any muzzleloading firearm.
- Modern non-corrosive, non-mercuric priming mix
- Assembled in ribbed copper cups just like the originals
- Matched to standard nipple dimensions
- Clean-burning and reliable ignition
- Packed in traditional 100-count tins
- #11—standard revolvers and rifles with #11 nipples
- #10—for some imported revolvers having smaller nipples
- #11M—for igniting replica black powder and powder pellets
- Four Wing Musket Caps—Optimized charge for replica muskets
In the event you’re not interested in percussion caps, we also have other reloading supplies such as: reloading primers, smokeless gunpowders, black powders, black powder substitutes and musket caps.
Federal™ Firestick Muzzleloader Primers – 100 & 120 Grain Triple 8 Powder – 10 Count